-
Elan Wilbur and
Cooper Riegel are now friends
-
Brody Hocking and
Dirk Herfurth are now friends
-
Phillip Debord and
Jake Ross are now friends
-
Phillip Debord and
Brody Hocking are now friends
-
Brody Hocking wrote a new post
Beginning a new lifeThis week was my first week of the hardest challenge I will ever face. My Black Belt test. So far I have felt extremely excited for this upcoming year but also a bit nervous too. I know I have so many people by my…
2 Comments - Load More Posts
Friends
Olivia Ford
@olivia-ford
Patrick Brownfield
@pbrownfield
Elizabeth Clark
@eclark
Cooper Riegel
@cooper
Phillip Debord
@pdebord



The sparring portion of the test is there for two reasons: 1) to make sure no one gets a black-belt from me that hasn’t for damn sure gotten a fair amount of hard, on the mat training time in and 2) to force you to connect with your fellow candidates during the test. It’s the only portion of the test that directly requires you to work with others on a consistent basis and is a good reminder that martial arts learning is best done with partners.