-
Elan Wilbur wrote a new post
Zen In The Martial ArtsI just finished reading Zen In The Martial Arts. There were many great ideas that encouraged me. The author’s teacher was Bruce Lee. Two of Bruce Lee’s quotes from his lessons for the author rang true in my hea…
1 Comment -
Matt Nedresky wrote a new post
Finding BalanceThis week in particular has been a difficult one for me. Amid trying to recover from a very busy holiday season and dealing with the loss of a loved one, work and life have both been busy. It has been difficult to…
1 Comment -
Elan Wilbur wrote a new post
New PuppyWe recently added a new puppy to our family. He is a big new adventure. He needs to be walked at least two times a day. He helps me get my milage walking everyday. He needs companionship most of the time. My…
-
Brody Hocking wrote a new post
My hobby #1One of my many hobbies that I enjoy in my free time is archery. I’ve been doing archery since I got my first bow when I was 8 or 9. I love archery because it allows me to use my bow as a tool to learn patience a…
-
Cooper Riegel wrote a new post
Cooper Riegel - Week 56Happy holidays everyone! This last week and a half has been a big adventure and a ton of fun. I celebrated Christmas with my family up in Auburn and it was nice to be home this year. A couple days after Christmas,…
1 Comment - Load More Posts
Media
Photos
Videos
Audios
Files
Sorry, no items found.
Friends
Olivia Ford
@olivia-ford
Patrick Brownfield
@pbrownfield
Matt Nedresky
@mnedresky7
Cooper Riegel
@cooper
Jake Ross
@jakeross




Great book review Elan. Zen In the Martial Arts is one of my all-time favorite martial arts books. There are many lessons in it that you can carry with you on your journey. Every great achievement begins in the mind. However, I don’t want that to sound like a cliche. If something seems overwhelming – like 50, 000 pushups – you’ll never accomplish your goal if it’s so overwhelming to you that you can’t possibly see the end. So you first have to break up the elephant into individual chunks; like individual projects. Once the goal seems achievable, positive thoughts come naturally. That’s a skill that takes practice. It sounds like you’re figuring it out.