• Profile picture of Olivia Ford

    Olivia Ford wrote a new post

    18th Birthday

    I am officially 18 years old! I celebrated my birthday this past Sunday with my family and it was very fun. My mom made chocolate chip waffles for breakfast and I opened some gifts. After that my sister and I went…

    1 Comment
    • Wow! Happy birthday. Welcome to being an adult. It sounds like a fantastic birthday. Congratulations on finishing the black belt challenge. You should be very proud of yourself. The black belt challenge is a humongous accomplishment and achievement. I am so happy for you. Every thing you have done has prepared you and gotten you ready. I will be there for your final test cheering you on.

  • Profile picture of Elinor Silack

    Elinor Silack wrote a new post

    Postal Service Colorguard

    This past week I got the opportunity to lead a Postal Service colorguard. This is one of the few colorguards that I’ve led that have gone really wrong. We had a couple new members on the team, so right off the b…

  • Profile picture of Elinor Silack

    Elinor Silack wrote a new post

    Sunday Training

    Every Sunday morning Avi and I go to the dojo to get some extra training time in. Normally when we get there, the first thing we do is makiwara. It’s an easy thing to get out of the way. Sometimes we will switch i…

    1 Comment
    • It’s great you and Avi train on Sunday morning together. Both of you can motivate each other. It’s a nice reward to go to Starbucks afterwards for a treat.

  • Profile picture of Avi Martens

    Avi Martens wrote a new post

    CPR class

    Just a few weeks ago, our dojo had a CPR/AED first aid class. It was awesome! It covered CPR, Stop the Bleed, responding to choking incidents, recognizing heat-related symptoms, and more. Learning about the human…

    1 Comment
    • I’m so glad the CPR class encouraged you to pursue nursing, as currently planned. It’s wonderful how karate affects so many areas of our lives!

  • Profile picture of Phillip Debord

    Phillip Debord wrote a new post

    Another Journey

    Why would a Sensei repeat his black belt test—and not only repeat it, but attempt a much harder version? I’m still asking myself that question. But it may have to do with what the One Heart Challenge means to me.…

    3 Comments
    • Wow! I’m so excited that you’ll be joining us! And I love your reflection. I have found it both humbling and encouraging to do this challenge as one that has already earned the black belt. I’m glad you’ll also walk this path, sensei.

    • That’s fantastic you are joining the one heart challenge. It will be a memorable positive year and experience. I look forward to seeing you in the dojo.

  • Load More Posts

Media

Friends

Profile Photo
Gail Mader
@gail-mader
Profile Photo
Avi Martens
@avi-martens
Profile Photo
Elinor Silack
@elinorsilack
Profile Photo
Seth Lerner
@seth-lerner
Profile Photo
Olivia Ford
@olivia-ford

Recent Posts

Black Belt Test

Finished Black Belt Challenge

My Personal Victory