• Profile picture of Elinor Silack

    Elinor Silack wrote a new post

    Seisan Kata

    Attached is a video of me doing Seisan kata. I’ve been a little sick so this isn’t my best kata, but I still wanted to post it. Seisan has been my tournament kata for years and has won me many gold medals. Aft…

    1 Comment
  • Profile picture of Olivia Ford

    Olivia Ford wrote a new post

    What A Black Belt Means To Me Essay

    One of the many requirements of this test is to write an essay about what a black belt means to me. I finished it a little while ago, and I thought that I would share it as one of my blog posts!           I have…

    1 Comment
    • Thank you for sharing your what a black belt means to me essay. It was very honest and true. I can relate to what you wrote about by me having similar feelings and experiences that you have. It takes dedication, hard work, and never giving up to be here. The black belt challenge changes you as a person to become the best version of yourself. You are different in a positive way from when you started this challenge. It helps you grow and blossom into a well rounded balanced leader. Enjoy the last few weeks of your challenge because you will always treasure this year in your life. I will be the cheering you on during your final test. You are ready.

  • Profile picture of Elinor Silack

    Elinor Silack wrote a new post

    DAR Colorguard

    I spent this Saturday morning leading a colorguard team for the State Society Council meeting for the California Daughters of the American Revolution at the downtown Sheraton. I lead colorguard events all the time,…

    1 Comment
    • I’m glad y’all were able to support this event. I’m glad you had a nice lunch. I hope you get to do more outings in the future as well!

  • Profile picture of Elinor Silack

    Elinor Silack wrote a new post

    Nails

    The past few months I have gotten into making press-on nails! I was inspired by my friend at school because she also makes her own press-on nails. Making my own nails has saved me a BUNCH of money because all the…

    1 Comment
  • Profile picture of Olivia Ford

    Olivia Ford wrote a new post

    One Month Left

    I’m just about one month away from my black belt test!! I genuinely can’t believe how far I’ve come on this journey. I hit my one year mark a few days ago, which was absolutely surreal. When you first start the t…

    2 Comments
    • That’s fantastic that you have completed all most all of the black belt challenge. You really have come a long way. You should be proud of yourself. All your hard work and dedication will help you during the test. You will be ready!

    • That’s so amazing Olivia! Way to complete those numbers within a year! And your last month of prep work sounds fantastic! I know you’re gonna rock the test! Keep it up!

  • Load More Posts

Media

Friends

Profile Photo
Gail Mader
@gail-mader
Profile Photo
Elan Wilbur
@elan
Profile Photo
Elinor Silack
@elinorsilack
Profile Photo
Olivia Ford
@olivia-ford
Profile Photo
Mike Oliver
@oliversensei

Recent Posts

CPR class

My Karate History

Joint Issues