• Profile picture of Olivia Ford

    Olivia Ford wrote a new post

    18th Birthday

    I am officially 18 years old! I celebrated my birthday this past Sunday with my family and it was very fun. My mom made chocolate chip waffles for breakfast and I opened some gifts. After that my sister and I went…

    1 Comment
    • Wow! Happy birthday. Welcome to being an adult. It sounds like a fantastic birthday. Congratulations on finishing the black belt challenge. You should be very proud of yourself. The black belt challenge is a humongous accomplishment and achievement. I am so happy for you. Every thing you have done has prepared you and gotten you ready. I will be there for your final test cheering you on.

  • Profile picture of Avi Martens

    Avi Martens wrote a new post

    CPR class

    Just a few weeks ago, our dojo had a CPR/AED first aid class. It was awesome! It covered CPR, Stop the Bleed, responding to choking incidents, recognizing heat-related symptoms, and more. Learning about the human…

    1 Comment
    • I’m so glad the CPR class encouraged you to pursue nursing, as currently planned. It’s wonderful how karate affects so many areas of our lives!

  • Profile picture of Olivia Ford

    Olivia Ford wrote a new post

    What A Black Belt Means To Me Essay

    One of the many requirements of this test is to write an essay about what a black belt means to me. I finished it a little while ago, and I thought that I would share it as one of my blog posts!           I have…

    1 Comment
    • Thank you for sharing your what a black belt means to me essay. It was very honest and true. I can relate to what you wrote about by me having similar feelings and experiences that you have. It takes dedication, hard work, and never giving up to be here. The black belt challenge changes you as a person to become the best version of yourself. You are different in a positive way from when you started this challenge. It helps you grow and blossom into a well rounded balanced leader. Enjoy the last few weeks of your challenge because you will always treasure this year in your life. I will be the cheering you on during your final test. You are ready.

  • Profile picture of Olivia Ford

    Olivia Ford wrote a new post

    One Month Left

    I’m just about one month away from my black belt test!! I genuinely can’t believe how far I’ve come on this journey. I hit my one year mark a few days ago, which was absolutely surreal. When you first start the t…

    2 Comments
    • That’s fantastic that you have completed all most all of the black belt challenge. You really have come a long way. You should be proud of yourself. All your hard work and dedication will help you during the test. You will be ready!

    • That’s so amazing Olivia! Way to complete those numbers within a year! And your last month of prep work sounds fantastic! I know you’re gonna rock the test! Keep it up!

  • Profile picture of Avi Martens

    Avi Martens wrote a new post

    My Karate History

    My karate journey started when I was 7 years old. My brother had joined 9 months prior and was actually the reason I joined in the first place; unfortunately, we had to quit not even a year later. But in 2019,…

    3 Comments
    • No doubt 12yo you would be proud! No matter the age or challenge conquered, you’ll always remember it. I tell my students “No one can ever take this from you!” and that’s what each belt represents. It also represents your potential to grow into the next belt. You got this, Avi! I’m honored to be walking this challenge alongside you!

    • By the way, how cute is little Avi in this photo!!!

    • I really liked reading about your karate journey to present day. Each test for a new belt is unique, special, and challenging to each person. Your 12 year old self would be proud of you. This test not easy. It will challenge and change you in many positive ways. I am around if you ever need anything to help you in this test. Keep up the good work.

  • Load More Posts

Media

Friends

Profile Photo
Gail Mader
@gail-mader
Profile Photo
Elan Wilbur
@elan
Profile Photo
Avi Martens
@avi-martens
Profile Photo
Mike Oliver
@oliversensei
Profile Photo
Olivia Ford
@olivia-ford

Recent Posts

Postal Service Colorguard

Sunday Training

Seisan Kata