• Profile picture of Olivia Ford

    Olivia Ford wrote a new post

    New Black Belt Candidates

    It’s official! Our dojo now has two new black belt candidates. Elinor and Avi are finally starting their black belt tests. With a combined nearly fourteen years of training, they are starting the thirteen month j…

    3 Comments
    • Congratulations to Avi and Elinor. This is very exciting for both you and them. It will be helpful to have them training with you your last four months. It will also be encouraging to them to have you.

    • I’m glad that you have training partners now as you head into the final stretches of your test. This whole process is an ordeal that very few have gone through–these are special memories that you are making with your friends and karate family.

    • A special bond is made when we train for a black belt test with others. I am so grateful for the two young men I trained with. Though I rarely see them or talk with them (I moved to another state), we have a lifelong bond that is unique and a gift. May you three share this special bond as well!

  • Profile picture of Elan Wilbur

    Elan Wilbur and Profile picture of Avi MartensAvi Martens are now friends

    Profile Photo
    Elan Wilbur
    @elan
  • Profile Photo
    Mike Oliver
    @oliversensei
  • Profile picture of Mike Oliver
    Profile Photo
    Mike Oliver
    @oliversensei
  • Profile picture of Olivia Ford

    Olivia Ford wrote a new post

    Seeking Out A Master

    One of the many things that I have to complete in order to finish my black belt test is to seek out a master. I have to talk with someone who is considered a master in isshinryu karate. A few weeks ago, I had the…

    Profile Photo liked this
    2 Comments
    • I’m very glad that you had a chance to connect with her and sit under the learning tree, as they say. Master Cooling has so much Isshinryu knowledge and am thankful that we could make that connection for you!

    • I’m so glad you were able to connect with a woman black belt to inspire and mentor you along this path. Keep up the great work!

  • Load More Posts

Media

Friends

Recent Posts

Temple Seiunchin

Okinawa Seiunchin

Coming to a Close