• Profile picture of Elinor Silack

    Elinor Silack wrote a new post

    Postal Service Colorguard

    This past week I got the opportunity to lead a Postal Service colorguard. This is one of the few colorguards that I’ve led that have gone really wrong. We had a couple new members on the team, so right off the b…

  • Profile picture of Elinor Silack

    Elinor Silack wrote a new post

    Sunday Training

    Every Sunday morning Avi and I go to the dojo to get some extra training time in. Normally when we get there, the first thing we do is makiwara. It’s an easy thing to get out of the way. Sometimes we will switch i…

    1 Comment
    • It’s great you and Avi train on Sunday morning together. Both of you can motivate each other. It’s a nice reward to go to Starbucks afterwards for a treat.

  • Profile picture of Avi Martens

    Avi Martens wrote a new post

    CPR class

    Just a few weeks ago, our dojo had a CPR/AED first aid class. It was awesome! It covered CPR, Stop the Bleed, responding to choking incidents, recognizing heat-related symptoms, and more. Learning about the human…

    1 Comment
    • I’m so glad the CPR class encouraged you to pursue nursing, as currently planned. It’s wonderful how karate affects so many areas of our lives!

  • Profile picture of Elinor Silack

    Elinor Silack wrote a new post

    Seisan Kata

    Attached is a video of me doing Seisan kata. I’ve been a little sick so this isn’t my best kata, but I still wanted to post it. Seisan has been my tournament kata for years and has won me many gold medals. Aft…

    1 Comment
  • Profile picture of Elinor Silack

    Elinor Silack wrote a new post

    DAR Colorguard

    I spent this Saturday morning leading a colorguard team for the State Society Council meeting for the California Daughters of the American Revolution at the downtown Sheraton. I lead colorguard events all the time,…

    1 Comment
    • I’m glad y’all were able to support this event. I’m glad you had a nice lunch. I hope you get to do more outings in the future as well!

  • Load More Posts

Media

Friends

Profile Photo
Avi Martens
@avi-martens
Profile Photo
Elinor Silack
@elinorsilack
Profile Photo
Gail Mader
@gail-mader
Profile Photo
Seth Lerner
@seth-lerner
Profile Photo
Elizabeth Clark
@eclark

Recent Posts

18th Birthday

What A Black Belt Means To Me Essay

One Month Left