• Profile picture of Dirk Herfurth

    Dirk Herfurth wrote a new post

    Week 31 - Dirk Herfurth

    Update on my Black Belt Project. As you know I am organizing a fundraiser and walk during the “Making Strides of Sacramento” breast cancer event on October, 16th. Currently, as I am writing this blog entry, the Zen…

  • Profile picture of Dirk Herfurth

    Dirk Herfurth wrote a new post

    Week 30 - Dirk Herfurth

    Sunday sparring time with David-san. Meeting time is 10AM sharp. We go a few rounds, practice some kata and theorize about world politics. The latter is done over some coffee after our morning routine, which is a…

  • Profile picture of Dirk Herfurth

    Dirk Herfurth wrote a new post

    Week 29 - Dirk Herfurth

    Meanwhile the One Heart Challenge is down to only David san and me. Geneva san unfortunately got injured during her practice and together with sensei Oliver she decided to continue next year. In addition Geneva san…

  • Profile picture of Dirk Herfurth

    Dirk Herfurth wrote a new post

    Week 28 - Dirk Herfurth

    Throwback Thursday – Part 3 The style of karate I was practicing in Germany was Shorin-ryu Shidokan. It was founded in 1948 by Katsuya Miyahira, who was a student of Chokki Motubo and Choshin Chibana. Chibana was o…

  • Profile picture of Dirk Herfurth

    Dirk Herfurth wrote a new post

    Week 27 - Dirk Herfurth

    Throwback Thursday – Part 2 After I finished my study in 2004 I had to move back to my parents. Job market for civil engineers in Germany was super bad at the time. Over the course of a year I wrote 300+ a…

  • Load More Posts

About Me

Mike Oliver

test position

Media

Friends

Profile Photo
Elinor Silack
@elinorsilack
Profile Photo
Avi Martens
@avi-martens
Profile Photo
Gail Mader
@gail-mader
Profile Photo
Seth Lerner
@seth-lerner
Profile Photo
Olivia Ford
@olivia-ford

Groups

2024 Team
Private Group

Recent Posts