• Profile picture of Gail Mader

    Gail Mader wrote a new post

    Birthday Sprawls

    My students helped me celebrate my birthday by doing 52 sprawls with me! I teach LesMills BodyCombat every Monday and Wednesday morning.  This 55-minute high intensity cardio class is one reason I started training…

    2 Comments
    • Happy birthday! Wow 52 sprawls. That body combat exercise class will definitely help you in this black belt challenge. That’s awesome you teach what you love to do. It is great that you teach modified versions so anyone at different ages and fitness levels can join in. The year of the tiger is a fantastic year!

  • Profile picture of Elinor Silack
    Stinson Beach

    Yesterday Olivia and I went on a day trip to Stinson Beach! It was very fun considering this was the first time we had gone on a trip without any parents. Before we headed to Stinson, we went to the dojo at 7:30am…

    3 Comments
    • How exciting! I’m so glad you both took time to refresh & rejuvenate! This 13-month challenge is like a marathon, yet it’s so intense we need to pace ourselves. Some days I do extra so that I can rest others. Taking the moments to rest will refuel you as you continue. Celebrating you both doing some self-care!

    • I had a lot of fun on this trip with you!!😀

    • That’s a beautiful place to visit. It’s awesome you walked so many miles in such a scenic place. That’s such dedication to spar in the morning before leaving. Good job to you both.

  • Profile picture of Elinor Silack

    Elinor Silack wrote a new post

    Month One Done!

    Today marks the start of the second month of my test!  This past month I have really tried to stay on top of all my numbers and I have successfully done that. Currently I am a couple days ahead on my pushups and…

    3 Comments
    • Elinor, I love the motivation you found to help you get your miles in on your bike! We have 4 cats at our house, so we are cat lovers. I’m reminded that there’s an island in Japan that has many stray cats, and if I recall correctly, people live there for free (or mostly for free) if they care for the cats. I’m happy you found a way to build this habit into your day and to bring yourself some joy!

    • Your commitment to making it happen, no matter what, has not gone unnoticed. It looks to me like you completely attacked this first month! Now you just have to do it 12 more times. 👍

    • I am glad the cats help keep you motivated in bike riding. It’s enjoyable to meet new cats in different neighborhoods. Congratulations on completing your first month. The some of the numbers are on track to finish early. That’s great.

  • Profile picture of Gail Mader

    Gail Mader and Profile picture of Tim BucknerTim Buckner are now friends

    Profile Photo
    Gail Mader
    @gail-mader
  • Profile picture of Gail Mader

    Gail Mader wrote a new post

    Finding my Battle Rhythm

    “Finding my battle rhythm” is a phrase my client uses often.  A 25-year Air Force veteran, she served half her time supporting special operations and 3 years in combat zones.  It’s simply the way she thinks.…

    Profile Photo liked this
    1 Comment
    • The first month is one of the most difficult months. The body takes some time to adapt to all the new physical exercises you are doing. I tried to do a little bit every day. For example, It does take time to build up to the amount of pushups and sit ups needed to be done to complete the challenge. I started with 40 and increased a little more each week until I reached the amount that was enough to complete the challenge. Look are your numbers from the first month a feel that sense of accomplishment.

  • Load More Posts

Media

Friends

Profile Photo
Avi Martens
@avi-martens
Profile Photo
Elinor Silack
@elinorsilack
Profile Photo
Gail Mader
@gail-mader
Profile Photo
Seth Lerner
@seth-lerner
Profile Photo
Elizabeth Clark
@eclark

Recent Posts

18th Birthday

What A Black Belt Means To Me Essay

One Month Left