-
Gail Mader wrote a new post
The Manner of Drinking & Spitting is Either Hard or SoftThe last few days this Isshinryu code has come to mind. As the energy required to continue the challenge continues to grow, the balancing of finding rest among pockets of time as I continue the training feels…
-
Gail Mader and
Elan Wilbur are now friends
-
Gail Mader wrote a new post
My Personal GoalI’ve chosen my personal goal: to complete my application for my Tennessee massage license. My Delaware license did not transfer (there was no reciprocity). I did not know if I wanted to continue practicing ma…
2 Comments -
Elinor Silack wrote a new post
1000 Reps of KataThe kata that I have chosen to do 1000 times is Chinto. I have a few reasons for picking this kata. The main reason being that I like how challenging it is because of the length and the double jump kick. I remember…
4 Comments-
Nice job! I’m glad you’re enjoying the kata you chose. You mentioned that you began learning this as a brown belt. At my first dojo, we learned this as a blue belt (if I recall correctly). It’s really interesting how alike and yet how different Isshinryu can be from one school to another. I hope you continue to enjoy doing all those jump kicks this year!
-
-
Elinor Silack wrote a new post
End of Junior YearThis past Thursday was the last day of my junior year of high school. So much has happened this school year, good and bad. The majority of my time was spent in my schools’ AFJROTC program, where I did community s…
3 Comments-
You’re likely going to be in the best shape of your life within the next few months! The summer heat is the unfortunate consequence of that Sacramento life. That said, winter can be an even more challenging time to get your miles in (unless you love riding in the rain). I generally recommend getting ahead while you can now. Maybe some morning or evening rides to avoid the heat?
-
- Load More Posts
Friends
Avi Martens
@avi-martens
Elinor Silack
@elinorsilack
Gail Mader
@gail-mader
Seth Lerner
@seth-lerner
Elizabeth Clark
@eclark
Recent Posts

18th Birthday
- September 30, 2026

What A Black Belt Means To Me Essay
- September 13, 2026

One Month Left
- September 7, 2026



What a beautiful art drawing. Your daughter is very talented. Now that you have announced your personal goal it becomes a real goal to achieve. Personal goals can be hard to achieve but, that’s one of the reasons this challenge is so rewarding.