• Profile picture of Elinor Silack

    Elinor Silack wrote a new post

    Injury

    This past July I injured my thumb while sparring in class. About 2 years ago I broke the same thumb at a tournament, so I was very worried this would affect my test. After going to the doctor and getting an x-ray I…

    2 Comments
    • I’m glad your thumb is healing. Injuries make the challenge even more difficult. It’s facing those challenges, continuing on, and not giving up. It’s great that you could do squats while your thumb heals.

    • I am so happy your thumb isn’t broken and that it’s healing! And yes, I’m so glad you could substitute squats for your push-ups. I love how this challenge meets us where we are, yet also pushes us. As you heal, may you continue to crush your goals!

  • Profile picture of Elinor Silack

    Elinor Silack wrote a new post

    First Day of School

    First week of senior year completed! One step closer to graduation. On the first day of school we had senior sunrise. Basically what that is, is all the seniors go to the field at 6AM to watch the sunrise together,…

    2 Comments
  • Profile picture of Elinor Silack

    Elinor Silack wrote a new post

    CLC Week Two

    Finally completed my last CLC ever! Week two was a lot of fun. On Monday for the drill block, we showcased all of the special teams our unit offers (Colorguard, Saber team, and drill team). Last school year I was…

    2 Comments
    • Impressive plank hold Elinor! I’m so glad you enjoyed CLC. I hope you get some more fun time in before your senior year starts. Great work!

    • Wow 5:30 plank is impressive. I am sure all those sit-ups and pushups really did help. I’m glad you had a good summer doing CLC.

  • Profile picture of Elinor Silack

    Elinor Silack wrote a new post

    CLC week one

    Last week was week 1 of CLC (Cadet leadership course). This 2 week summer program is for incoming freshman cadets who want a head start in AFJROTC. I was given the position of group commander which oversees a…

    Profile Photo liked this
    1 Comment
    • Congrats on being group CC — that’s a high leadership position! My son did CLC for AFJROTC and enjoyed it. Sounds like you are as well. May you continue to learn as much from your students as they learn from you 🙂

  • Profile picture of Elinor Silack

    Elinor Silack wrote a new post

    State Fair

    On July 26th I went to the State Fair! The State Fair is my favorite part of summer because I LOVE roller coasters and rides. My favorite ride at the fair is this really really tall ride with 4 seats at either end.…

    Profile Photo liked this
    1 Comment
  • Load More Posts

Media

Friends

Profile Photo
Gail Mader
@gail-mader
Profile Photo
Elan Wilbur
@elan
Profile Photo
Avi Martens
@avi-martens
Profile Photo
Mike Oliver
@oliversensei
Profile Photo
Olivia Ford
@olivia-ford

Recent Posts

Postal Service Colorguard

Sunday Training

Seisan Kata